Emerald Coast Regional Council is one of ten Planning Councils created by the State of Florida to provide housing assistance support, among various other programs, to local governments. ECRC supports the seven-county regions of northwest Florida, including Jackson, Holmes, Washington and Walton counties. The Housing Strategy of ECRC is to increase every citizen’s quality of life by partnering with counties to preserve and enhance the housing stock within the counties through programs, such as the Hurricane Housing Recovery Program (HHRP).. To obtain more information about the housing programs available, visit ECRC, Housing Strategy.
Demolition and reconstruction of single-family homes or modular homes; (No rehabilitation):
- Property taxes must be paid and up to date;
- They must own the land (BE DEED HOLDER) and have been there for TWO YEARS continuously
- Must be discharged from bankruptcy proceeding one year prior to application;
- Must agree to a lien on their property for 15 years
- Property needs to be homestead exempt or apply for homestead
- Must carry homeowner’s insurance for 15 years if application approved
- If there is a mortgage on the property, their Lender and the county must approve the application
- Forgivable, 15-year loan if terms are met: Cannot sell, cannot convert to rental property, cannot transfer title, cannot refinance to use equity, must reside in home for 15 years
Submit a pre-qualification form to see if you qualify!